P.G. Department of Kaumarbhritya- Balroga
The Department of Kaumarbhritya (Balroga) R. G. G. P. G. Ayu. College & Hospital, Paprola is working independently since January 1996. The post graduate classes starts from 2009 in the department. Three scholars get admitted every year for post graduation. Till date eight batches have passed out from the department and the students of these batches are successfully engaged in government as well as private Ayurvedic services as teachers, researchers and clinicians.
Following are the major objectives of the department:
U.G. Teaching and clinical training
P.G. Teaching, Clinical training and Research work
To maintain and upgrade departmental museum & library
Regular Swaran prashan camp
Community healh programme
v U.G. Teaching and clinical training
- Teaching of theory classes and clinical training to B.A.M.S. 3rd year Students.
- Teaching to internees & house physician.
- Clinical demonstration in O.P.D. and I.P.D.
- Research work training and assignments.
- Emergency training in O.P.D. and I.P.D.
- Training of Neonatology in Labor Room
- Training of Nursery and Special Care Nursery Unit
- Clinical training in all National Health Programmes i.e. Immunization, JSSK programme, Nutrition programme, Prevention of Infectious diseases related programmes , Anemia Eradication programme etc.
v P.G. Teaching, Clinical training and Research work
- Teaching of Theory classes to post graduate students.
- Clinical discussions and training of Balroga related disorders.
- Research discussions and training related to subject.
- Weekly Seminar on different topics related to Kaumarbhritya
v To maintain and upgrade departmental museum & library
The Department of Kaumarbhritya has its own library, containing more than 86 books of different authors for the benefit of the students
v Department has established museum containing different Models, Literatures, Samples, Charts, Equipments and many collections of important data’s etc. New collections are being added to make the museum one of the best museums in the country.
v Regular Swaran prashan camp
The department organizes swaran prasham camp to the children on every Pushy nakstra days.
v Immunization unit
Well equipped immunization unit under the department is providing facility of immunization to the children regularly.
v Community healh programme
The Department of Kaumarbhritya is organizing General Health Check up programmes and medical camps in the rural areas, independently and collaboration with other departments, where medical facilities are inadequate. Facilities under JSSK are also provided by the department.
1. Prof. Rakesh Sharma, MD (Ay.), Ph.D.; HOD
2. Dr. Vinod Kumar, MD (Ay.) PGDHM; Reader
3. Dr. Minakshi Chaudhary, MD (Ay.); Sr. Lecturer
4. Dr. Karam Singh, MD (Ay.), Lecturer
Ø House Physician – 01
Ø Lab attendant – 01
- H.O.D. Room with reception and attached toilet.
- Teacher’s Room
- Museum/Seminar Room
- I.P.D. including Neonatal care unit
- Immunization Room
Name Year Thesis Work
- Sharma Swati, 2012, Clinical evaluation of Punarnvadi mandoor and Dadimadi ghrit in management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Kumar Suresh, 2012, A Clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of Krimihar yog in the management of Kosthgat krimi in children w.s.r. to Ascarias lumbricoid.
- Kumar Lalit, 2013, A Comparative study to evaluate the efficacy of Shrish churan and Vasa churan in the management of Tamak swas w.s.r. to Childhood Bronchial Asthma.
- Anju, 2013, A Comparative Clinical study to evaluate the effect of Punarnvamool churan and Bhumiamlaki panchang churan in Physiological Jaundice.
- Gautam Bala Manu, 2013, A Comparative Clinical study of Medhya Rasayan on IQ level of school going children.
- Triwedi Priyanka, 2014, A Comparative Clinical Study on the Efficacy of Kushmandavleha and Ashwagandhadileha in the Management of Karshya in School going Children.
- Sood Vaishali, 2014,A Comparative Clinical study on the Efficacy of Guda haritki and Gojihvadi kawath in the Management of Pratishyaya w.s.r. to RURTI in children.
- Thakur Sakshi, 2014, A Comparative Clinical Study of Chavyadi churna and Syrup Apamarga on Sthaulya in School going Children.
- Chaturvedi kumar Abhishek, 2015,A Comparative Clinical Study on the efficacy of Marichadi churan and Krishnadi churan in Grahni Dosha.
- Singh Babinder, 2015, A Comparative Clinical Study of Sy.Bimbimoola and Sy. Shankhpushpi in the management of Shayyamutra in Children.
- Thanoch Mehak, 2016, A Comparative Clinical Study on the efficacy of Palash Churna and Palash bijadi churna Kosthgat krimi w.s.r. to Ascarias lumbricoid.
- Devi Bhima, 2016,A Comparative Clinical Study on the efficacy of Yastimadhu Churna and Brahmi Churan on ADHD in school going Children.
- Sonia, 2016, A Comparative Clinical Study to evaluate the effect of Drakshadi avlela and Panchkoladi avleha in the management of Bal -tamak Shwasa w.s.r. to Childhood Bronchial Asthma.
- Kumari Shiksha, 2017,A Clinical study to evaluate the effect of kshir Bala Tail in the Management of Karshya in school going Children.
- Asharafi Bakhtyar, 2017, A Comparative Clinical Study to evaluate the effect of Drakshadi Avleha and Pippalyadi Avleha in the management of Tamak Shwasa w.s.r. to Childhood Bronchial Asthma.
- Goswami Ajay, 2017, A Comparative Clinical Study to evaluate the effect of Syp. Gokshur and Gudamalaka Yoga in the management of Mutrakriccha w.s.r. to U.T.I. in Children.
- Biswal Kumar Ambuja, 2018, A Clinical Study to evaluate the efficacy of Durbaharidra lepa and Agnimanthmool Churana in the management of Shitpitta w.s.r. to Urticaria in Children.
- Sharma Shilpi, 2018, A Comparative Clinical Study to evaluate the efficacy of Khand kushmanad avleha and Syp. Patoladi in the management of Amalpitta in Children.
- Sandhu Kulvinder, 2018, A Comparative Clinical Study to evaluate the effect of Vasadi Syp and Satyadi Syp in the management of Tamak Shwasa w.s.r. to Childhood Asthma.
- Baishya Koushik, 2019, A Comparative Clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of Ashtamangal Ghrita and Ashwandha Ghrita on Growth & Development of infants.
- Kumar Ankush, 2019,A Comparative Clinical study to evaluate the effect of Phalatrikadi drops and Phototherapy in the management of Navjata Shishu Kamla w. s. r. to Neonatal Jaundice.
- Kumar Shailendra, 2019,A Clinical Study to determine the role of Gud Haritaki and Punarnva mandoor in the management of Pandu Roga w. s. r. to Iron Deficiency Anemia among children.
Kaumarbhritya is a clinical department imparting its services in academic, hospital and research activities. The scope for strengthening for infrastructure, research equipments and laboratories is still there to further improve the standard of clinical care, research and academics.